http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dinner, Scrappin' and a WRECK!

Ever have one of those weeks where everything is going good...until....well, that pretty much sums up my week. The week started off great. I went to dinner at Bahama Breeze with Melissa, Erica and Andrea to celebrate Andrea's birthday because I have to miss her party to babysit Saturday night. Dinner was great and we had a nice night.....















Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon. Ugh...I haven't even typed the story and I am already getting pissed! I was leaving Jordan's heading to Michael's to pick up something for Jordan. I get there and see that the item is $40 and I wanted to save her some money, so I decided to drive across the street to Bob Evan's and get a paper. I knew it would have a 40% off coupon in it and would save her $16 because the item she needed was not on sale. Anyway, the paper doesn't have a coupon (figures) so I start my car and back out of my parking spot (fully straight on and in the road ready to leave) as I have my foot on the brake and am switching into drive I see a car on my right side backing out of a handicap spot. It all happened so fast, but I honked (basically LAID on the horn) and the car backed right into the passenger side of my car. It turned out it was an old man who hit me and didn't even look before backing out and NEVER heard my horn. The dent is not horrible but its not good. He hit right between my passenger front and back doors. Leaving a dent and my door not being able to fully close because of it! Of course he had no damage to his boat of a car. The cop came, we filed the report and even though the cop said he could clearly see that the guy was 100% in the wrong and backed into me, its PRIVATE PROPERTY and therefore he can't assign blame. I WAS SO PISSED. That means that I have to pay my $500 deductible to get my lease car fixed, because its due back to the dealer in 10 months!!! And if I file a claim, my insurance goes up. Anyone else think Michigan No-Fault is the most shitty system out there??? I went with my dad to get an estimate and see exactly how much the damage was going to cost to repair. The guy basically cut us a deal because he is a friend, but it would still cost $534 to repair!!!So now we are trying to decide what we are going to do. I just feel like now we have dip into OUR savings and fix MY car even though I DIDN'T HIT ANYONE! Grrr...I need to stop writing about it now...................


On a better note, Jordan and I spent the past two days scrapbooking, so I was able to get a lot of pages done: Game Night, 4th of July, and Washington:


























































































































































































































































































Tomorrow I am going to see Leslie and Reyna. I am SO excited to see them!!! Especially after this car crap! I hope everyone has a great weekend!:)

2 comments:

maria said...

take him to court and sue him for your deductible. Seriously. It should be a no~brainer for judgement in your favor. Same thing happened to Tom a couple of years ago. Idiot car drivers!

Steph said...

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. This guy hit me while I was turning on his street. He didn't make a stop at the stop sign and hit the back end of the driver's side. It ended up being 50|50 even if it was his fault entirely. Grr...