I decided to wait to plant and go to my neighbor's greenhouse first. SERIOUSLY...please check this place out. My mom and I went there last year and got all of our flowers and hanging baskets. We were expecting a small greenhouse with a few different kinds of flowers...um NO...its a gigantic greenhouse in Wixom with the most beautiful flowers we have ever seen and with the most reasonable prices. So PLEASE go here first!:)
So, waiting on the weather, I decided to tackle some things inside the house. We painted the closet and added molding (see below:) but, I was also able to do a MAJOR Spring cleaning. I am taking top to bottom (minus the basement;) including cabinets and I even cleaned all of the blinds!!!
I also got organized and priced everything for our garage sale. We are going to do it Thursday, May 12th and Friday, May 13th from 9-4. So if you are around those days please stop by. I know most people will be working during those times...but Thursday seems to be the best day for a garage sale and we are just adding Friday for whatever we have left over.
Now on to my fun project. Back when I worked with Mary her dad made us this amazing bookshelf for our classroom. Honestly...it blew me away that he actually made it all on his own...it was better than any of the ones we were looking to order. So, when Mary left a few years ago she told me to make sure to take the bookshelf for my kids when I left. Now, I am not planning to leave for a few years, but I did want to take the bookshelf and bring it home and paint it for the "baby." I decided to paint it white because it matched the room better and the kids have beat it up a little over the years and a little paint would cover that right up!;) What do you think?
Before:
After:
*I forgot to mention this but the thing I love most about the bookshelf (other than it being homemade by Mary's dad) is that he made this huge storage space in the back of it. You could honestly store like 100 books in it...and as you can see... I am going to need it. That is one thing about being a teacher, I already have like 200 books ready to read!:)
1 comment:
I can't believe it can store that many books - that's great!
Post a Comment