http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Feta Makes Everything Betta!

Whew...what a week! And by week, I mean last week considering its only Tuesday. Last week I spent EVERY day at work testing the kids, and EVERY night at home writing out their progress reports (32 to be exact). It was a lot of work and I am so glad to have those done and out to the parents...its a big weight off of my shoulders!:)

I wanted to share a funny story from school. We have a little boy who insists on us calling him "Spiderman." He thinks he is really Spiderman and if you call him by his "real" name he will immediately correct you. Not only does he want to be called Spiderman, he thinks his looks just like Spiderman. When he did his self-portrait a few weeks ago, he drew a picture of "himself" as Spiderman...costume and all. So, I call him Spiderman and so do all of the other kids. Fast forward to last week when I was testing. I passed out the testing booklets to all 16 kids in my Monday/Wednesday class at one time. I asked them to put their name on the top and turn them in. We were running late to music so I did it to save time. Well, later on when I was at lunch, I sat down to look at how well they wrote their names on their own when I stumbled on this one:



















That's right, "Spiderman" wrote his name right on the top of his testing booklet...you know, the one that goes in his file and home to the parents. I couldn't stop laughing. Travis was impressed he could write it all on his own....I'm not, because here is his math sheet from yesterday....















That's right we have a real life superhero in our class folks!;)

*Now on to our incident with Mr. Travis on Thursday. Every Thursday Travis works from home and gets his allergy shot in the morning. They have been increasing the doses each week since May. Well, Thursday I get a call at work from Travis. He was calling me from Urgent Care because he had an allergic reaction to his shot!!! Did I mention he also has Asthma? I was freaked out, I left work as soon as I could and raced to Urgent Care. When I got there they had already given him Benadryl, and when that didn't work they gave him a shot of Epinephrine. That seemed to stop the reaction and hives, but his face was all swollen and took most of the day to go down. They gave him a steroid shot and a steroid prescription for 5 days, and after watching him for an hour they sent him home. He is okay now, but I told him that he needs to make his shot appointments for later in the day so I can be there. And the allergist knows now to lower the dose from now on....I swear...it scared both of us....

* We have been dog sitting for family friends since last Thursday and today is our LAST day!!! I am so happy to be home and back with my laptop!:) We couldn't crack their wireless password, otherwise I would've been able to use it over there. They do have a computer, but I feel weird about using other peoples computers if I don't have too. I think this is going to be the last time we dog sit. It was just to hard living between two places and working.

*I am really looking forward to this weekend. Leslie is coming out with the girls on Friday so we can take Reyna to see Curious George Live. Saturday is Fall Fun Day! We are going to the Apple Orchard, to see Zombieland and to the haunted houses at Wiards. Stay tuned for lots of pictures!:)

2 comments:

Katie said...

LOVE IT!!! That will totally be Donnie, except he might be "Dinosaur".:)

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Loved the Spiderman story! i had to share it with my hubby who is also a teacher and can appreciate stories such as these. :)