So we had the weekend free and clear to move in. When we heard that we weren't going to be able to close until this week (not last week) we asked if we could "at least" work on the yard this weekend. What did the seller say? Sure. What did his realtor say after taking with the seller about insurance liabilities? No. But, that isn't gonna stop me...
So we had to reconfigure our weekend. We spent the entire weekend getting as much house and non-house stuff done as we could and have been on the go since Friday. We spent Friday night at the Ford dealership figuring out what cars we were going to get because both of our cars are due back in less than a month, We went to dinner with my parents, went to the house and took some measurements for shelving/checked out the yard since everything is now blooming, spent a crazy amount of the weekend at Lowe's getting everything we could to work on the yard and repaint the bedroom, and today we spent the day with my Grandparents. Now we are home gritting our teeth at the fact that we aren't in the dang house and getting ready to start a very stressful week, trying to close and move-in during the beginning of the work week.
People with Type A personalities do not do well in situations they cannot "control" and are "told" when they are going to be able to do something. I am one of those people...and if our closing gets moved yet again because the bank "cant get there paperwork together quick enough for closing" I. am. going. to. lose. it.
4 comments:
gahhhhhhh im a type A personality too and i would not be handing all that well!!! fingers crossed everyone quits being a pain and gets you in!!!!
OHHHH I hear ya. That was the story of my life when closing on this house. We resorted to calling the selling realtor ourselves to keep kicking him in the ass to get things going. We had so many hoops to jump through and after busting our ass to complete each hurdle, we'd find out that we're just waiting on this person or waiting on that person or blah blah. I was LOSING IT. Mind you, I had a newborn baby, husband working 12 hour days and was living with my mom. AHHHHHHH! Luckily, because our house was a foreclosure, our realtor did give us the key code and hush hush said she'd turn a blind eye if we were to go in and do anything to improve the house before closing. Hell I had carpet ripped out, wallpaper stripped and walls painted and the whole house cleaned before we even closed HAHAHAHA!
I hope things go well and you are able to close on Tuesday! I can't wait to see pictures!
aaagh! How frustrating! Hope the closing happens SOON!
I fear that im going to be in the same boat as you in about a month. We have an accepted offer on our old house and now on our new house, with a closing date by June 1st. I remember the stress that is dealt with this and can only imagine it now being esculated to double with having to do two house closings, and with kids.. I might have to hide out somewhere until June 2nd. But then again, if its anything like yours, mine could be delayed too! ughh... I sure hope you got in on Tuesday! Send me the link to your house blog too!! :)
Post a Comment