http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Monday, May 31, 2010

How we spent the LONG weekend...

I've told Travis a billion times that God didn't put me on this earth to do any sort of hard labor outside,especially in the HEAT!;) But, ALL of our landscaping outside was a hot mess...overgrown, weeds EVERYWHERE, and the pond...oh the pond...so if I wanted it to look halfway decent I was going to have to get outside and work my butt off. Last week we ripped out the pond (cursing the whole time..the thing was a pain!). Saturday we cleaned up all of the weeds and put edging all around the beds. Sunday my parents came out to help (thank God) and we bought and planted our landscaping, filled the pond in with 121 bags (4,840 lbs...no joke) of top soil and put mulch everywhere. Today my parents came out again to help us plant and mulch the pond. WE ARE EXHAUSTED!!!! But, I do have several before and after pictures to share:

The Front Before:


































The Front After:





































































The Side Before:







































The Side After:







































The Pond Before:


















































The Pond After:




































































































































































Our next door neighbors own a greenhouse and we got these beautiful hanging baskets there:

3 comments:

Nicole said...

The landscaping looks GREAT! You guys did a fabulous job.

Nicole said...

Your yard looks amazing!!! :)

Melissa said...

You guys did a great job!! Can't wait to see it in person this week :)