http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

Here is the scoop on what has been going on around here. I feel like we've just been trying to keep our heads above water since we moved in and still keep in touch with our family and friends...and be productive at our jobs... Anyway...we have been busy...here are some of the things we have been doing:

1. Mother's Day/Chicago/Weekend at Home: Travis went to Chicago with John, Jim and Joe to visit Matt so I decided to go home and spend the weekend at my parents. Travis had a good time with his friends and I had a fun weekend being "home" again and spending time with my parents. Sunday Travis raced home to spend the day with his mom and I spent the day with mine. We went shopping and to dinner with my grandparents at J. Alexanders. I had a great day with the best mom in the world!;)
























































2. NEW CARS!!! Yes, we both got new cars on the same day because the leases on our cars (2007 Fusions) both ended on the same day. We weren't too picky on what new cars we wanted. We just wanted a bigger family car, a smaller fuel efficient car for Travis to drive to work and we didn't to spend any more a month on payments than we were on the Fusions. Well, our Ford guy was amazing...I owed money for going over miles, some damage and we knew that IF we leased again we would owe the first months payment UP FRONT. Well, we bought my car a silver 2010 Escape and leased Travis' car a blue 2010 Focus and walked out of the dealership without giving them one cent! Best of all we are paying exactly the same amount each month as we were on the Fusions..okay I lied...9 cents more a month!:)





























3. Hanging Blinds....Finally....Yay for not living in a fish bowl anymore....and thank you to my dad and Travis' dad for helping us hang them throughout the house. I looked all over for wood blinds that would fit our unusually long windows. I must of looked at 20 websites before I found exactly what I wanted on Overstock. I can't tell you enough how much I love them. They look like they were custom made for each window house and the best part was they were a steal at $28 each!!! Here are some pics on the bay window (open and closed) and the family room windows, What do you think?



4. The Dishwasher: To make a long story short we had a problem with Lowe's and the dishwasher installer...so we canceled our installation and my dad was nice enough to install it for us free of charge. It was loaded as soon as he finished:





















5. Uploading, Ordering and Scrapping Prints.... I am WAY behind on scrapping. The last thing that I scrapped was...oh...New Year's Eve! So, I cleared off my card, ordered a butt load of prints and did some scrapbooking this weekend. I didn't get too far....just got a few pages done of the house:


































































Well, that is all for now...its 10pm and I am tired. I hope everyone is having a great week..minus the crappy weather!

No comments: