http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Sunday, October 10, 2010

NEW SHELVES!!!!

We love our house, but we have limited wall space, especially in the main rooms. So I hung three wedding pics in the upstairs hallway and have been trying to figure out what to do with our ONE open wall in the family room. I've been wanting to get shelves for our family room wall for awhile now and last week I finally decided to go for it. Travis and I hit a few stores Thursday night and finally found shelves and frames that we liked at Michaels. It was really hard to find black shelves that were longer than a foot!!! So, I have some pics to share of the semi-finished product. I have three pics on order for three 4X6 frames that I am going to add to the shelves soon. They are of our parents and Leslie, Reyna, Ruby and I. Our parents vetoed the pics we selected for the frames and made us take new photos this weekend! What do you think?

























I decided that I wanted to have all my pictures on the shelves now, so I took them off our built in bookcase and end tables...and things were looking a little bare, but I found these two wood boxes on clearance at Home Goods, so I added them to the built in to fill in the empty space. Still deciding if I like it...

2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

they look great!!!! okay, lets plan a day to get together. call me soon when you get a free minute. I miss you, too!!

Melissa said...

Your shelves and pictures look great!!