http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Friday, February 4, 2011

Random thoughts on my mind lately...

A lot of my ramblings have to do with TV, but hey its cold outside, what else is there to do?;)

*I have the Sex and The City series and over the past month, I watched the whole thing. I LOVE it. I love the FIRST movie. As I was watching the series I was thinking...I wonder what these girls were like in their 20's? They reference that time period a lot. It would be neat if they made a move that was a prequel to the series. Like instead of the stupid ass second movie...what were they thinking with that one?

 *Camille Grammer might be the craziest housewife EVER. I would say it's Kelly or Danielle, but I haven't seen those seasons in awhile and my memory of their craziness is fading.

*Did anyone watch One Born Every Minute?

*Bethenny is coming back February 28th! Yay!

*I really don't know what I would do without Tim Horton's Iced Cappuccinos. Honestly, I am scared to think about a workday without one...

*Coach purses and shoes are so durable and so worth the $$$ and I don't care what anyone else says about them. My boots have been rockstars in the snow, ice and salt. And I have beat one of my purses up this year taking it to work everyday and you could never tell!:)

*Milford house cobb salads and breadsticks, you are my hero.

*I miss my girls!:( I know everyone is super busy and working mad hours, but I miss you all and am looking forward to Girl's Night! Can't wait!

*I read (gasp) something the other day that I thought was VERY interesting. First let me say this. I have noticed that about once a month I am SUPER productive at work. I am making lesson plans for 2012, I am cleaning on and organizing everything, I am catching up on paperwork and even working ahead on things that need to be turned in...then suddenly I crash. And I am lucky enough to make it through the school day, let alone do anything over and above what is expected of me. Okay, now I can share why I thought this was so interesting. Here are how our bodies work not only during our cycles, but before, during, during ovulation and after:

Before/During Cycle
We all know the usual symptoms, so I won't list them all. But, you know the drill: headache, nervousness, irritability, angry outbursts, mood swings, bloating, pain, cravings, confusion etc.

This was the interesting part to me:
During Ovulation
Increased feeling of affection, high energy, easy concentration, much work accomplished, less interest in sleeping and eating, optimism, enthusiasm, clear and concise thinking.
Soft radiant skin visible to others, easy magnetism, conversation and increased confidence and sociability.
Increased sexual dreams and dreams/longing for a baby.

After Ovulation
Sudden feeling of depression or let down, an extreme emotional shift, lethargy and a sudden growth of facial and body hair!

Seriously...interesting stuff and no, I'm not pregnant.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I definitely agree about the Sex & the City prequel, Charlie Sheen, Coach items, and Milford House breadsticks :)

I miss you so much too!!!!

The ovulation thing is definitely interesting...