Hello! I've been meaning to blog about this all week...but, its been one helluva crazy week...I think its the heat...it scrambled my brain or something. Travis and I thought that it would be a good idea to make a list of things that we want to do this Summer...it would be nice to plan some fun things and "cross" them off of our list. Some things are already planned and some things still need to be planned. We will see if we can do it all!;)
1. Go to the Detroit Zoo.
2. Go to a Tigers Game.
3. Have a themed BBQ for our family and make our grilled salmon.
4. Go on a family vacation. (most of you know we already have this planned:)
5. Go camping. (guess who said this one?)
6. Go kayaking. (we live right next to the river so I hope we can do this one:)
7. Go to a concert.
8. Of course I am looking forward to Jessy and Rosie's showers, bachelorette parties and weddings!:)
9. Go to the drive-in.
10. Go to Milford Memories (we missed it last year, but, we are going this year it if anyone wants to join us!)
11. Visit the Milford Historical Society and find out more about the history of our house. I only found this on their website...the original owners name (Mrs. H.N. Bartlett) and the year it was built (1879). Make sure you look for our address on the list 205 Hickory Street, we are #94. I also found out that Mrs. H.N. Bartlett was named Susan and her husband's name was Horatio. How did I find that out you ask? Through the 1870 Census. Look at line 32 for both of their names as well as their children's names. Those are the original owners of our house...but when she bought the house (or land) in 1879 Horatio was gone. What happened to him??? That is the question! Interesting, huh? I WANT TO KNOW MORE!:)
12. Watch fireworks.
13. Go to the beach.
14. Spend as much time with our family and friends as we can!!!
15. I am going to amp up the blogging. I read TONS of blogs. I confess that I do more reading then actual blogging. I have been S-L-A-C-K-I-N-G. But, I've seen many cool themes/topics that people use out there to get themselves to blog more and I've decided to give it a try. Here are the topics I am *hoping* to do EVERY week.
Mondays: *My Crack Mondays*
(Proud to say I thought of this one;)
I will blog about something that I love and am currently obsessed with, and no, it won't always be food.
Tuesday: *Top Ten Tuesdays*A brief list of things on my mind, things going on, things to do, etc.
Wednesdays: *WTF Wednesdays* Oh YEAH...:throws glitter in the air: I came up with this one too!:) This little nugget of a post might become my pride and joy because there are many times a week where I see or hear things and think WTF!:)
*Don't be alarmed...this picture was taken at our 2009 Halloween Party!:)*
Thursdays: *Thankful Thursdays* I think that one is pretty self explanatory!:)
Fridays: *Friday Night Leftovers* I know several bloggers who participate in this also. I think I will use this day to post about things that will not "fit" in with the other post themes. I may also talk about things we have going on each weekend.
*Saturday and Sunday will be reserved for PICTURES and fun events that we have going on!
So what do you think? If you are reading and are confident like my BFF Melissa to leave a comment, please do, it makes my day!:)
*I am going to start this on Monday so check back!
*Oh and feel free to snag any of these for your own blog!:)*


7 comments:
I should have specified "tent camping," but I'll take what I can get.
Sounds awesome...can't wait to start reading next week :)!
I can't wait to read too :)
When is Milford Memories? I want to go!!
Travis - good luck with the tent camping ;)
Hahahahha....I was just sent the Evite for Milford Memories...glad you want to come Bro!;)
When did you send the evite? I haven't got anything about it :(
Uhm, I am going to do My crack Mondays just so I can snag that picture and put it on my blog!!!! Too flippin' funny. :) I might try one or two more, we will just have to see how my week goes. :) What a fun idea.
btw..Trav...best of luck! :)
Post a Comment