I LOVE Pinterest...I do...I miss my free time, but I really do LOVE some of the homemade ideas I've found this year. I really like the idea of a handmade Christmas. I think that it's really hard for anyone to think of things they want or need. Plus, as a teacher, I love handmade gifts (with a gift card of course;).
So I was scouring Pinterest in the Fall to try to find some Christmas craft ideas. I found a pin from a blog of a lady who made an initial garland wreath. She bought a giant wood letter K from JoAnn's and wrapped it in fake garland, made a loop and hung it on her front door. I thought I could do that on a smaller scale, but I would want to add some embellishment to jazz it up a bit. I went to Joann's and bought 13 paper mache letters, hundreds of feet of garland (btw it took way more than I thought...25 FEET a letter to be exact), wreath picks and pipe cleaners of all colors to thread through. Then a few days and a zillion hot glue sticks later, I was done. It was a bit more challenging because I used smaller letters, so it took a lot more patience/skill to wrap and hot glue the garland than I thought it would. But, in the end I was happy with the way they turned out. The total cost was around $10 per letter!:)
2 comments:
We LOVE our letter :)
We love our letter too! I was sad to have to pack it away with the rest of the x-mas stuff!
Post a Comment