http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Not the best start to 2012...

This weekend we got some bad news....Travis' grandma Helen passed away Friday morning. She was having some breathing issues and Travis' Aunt Gail and Uncle Les took her to the hospital Thursday night and by Friday morning she had passed. Travis, of course, has been pretty upset. He was always been close to his grandma and I think it had been hard on him not being there to say goodbye.

So, this weekend was hard all around. He is doing better today and trying to focus on the happy memories he had with his grandma. As his parents/aunts and uncles went through her final wishes, they have decided not to do a big funeral and instead have a memorial/family reunion in a few months, which is what she requested in her will. Her kids will be there for the burial and then we will all come together as soon as we can work the dates out with everyone in the family. 

In the 13 years I have been with Travis, I have only been around Helen a few times because she has always lived in Washington. But, she was one of the kindest ladies who loved her family very much. She will be greatly missed!

So, 2012, you can get better any time now....so far this isn't our year!

4 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

I am so sad to hear about his Grandma. :( Hugs to you and Trav and the rest of his family for your loss.

That stinks about Layota, as well. What a sad situation.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry this hasn't been a good start to 2012 for you guys :( I'm here ANYTIME you want to talk!! I know the rest of the year will be much better for you both!!!

maria.batchelder said...

Im very sorry about Travis grandma - I bet it is just so hard for the whole family! and sorry about work - that just stinks!
Im surprised it is not illegal to ask a pregnant lady to leave just because she is not married! it is just ridculous!

maria.batchelder said...

Hope things get better soon :) Im sure they will!