http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Monday, March 16, 2009

Chicago

Whew....BUSY...weekend...and I am still recovering! Travis and I went to Bahama Breeze on Friday to have dinner with his parents and then came home and went to bed because we needed to be up at 5am on Saturday. Angie and John came over at 6:30 and we went to breakfast and then hit the road. We were expecting the city to be nuts because of all of the St. Patty's Day celebrations and it was. But, we made it to the hotel around 11:30 Chicago time. We met up with Matt (the groom) and Tim and Kaarina and all had lunch together. Then everyone else headed back to the hotel to rest and Angie and I hit the stores to shop. It was one of the first times I have been to Chicago when the weather was actually sunny and warm. Since the chiropractor told me that I need to start wearing flat shoes I was on the hunt for some cute spring flats and I found these at Coach:




















I do have a few pics I took walking around the city. Everyone was dressed in green and the bars were overflowing with people. I saw this guy on stilts outside one of the bars. Seeing everyone celebrating St. Patrick's Day made me wish that we had more time to join in!:(
After shopping we headed back to the hotel and started getting ready for the wedding. The wedding was at a historic site called Maxims and it was right next to our hotel. The ceremony was at 6 and the reception was right after. The location had three rooms: one for the ceremony, one for dinner and one for the bar/dance floor. We had an awesome time drinking, dancing and visiting with everyone. Matt and Katie looked so happy...I have a few pictures of their first dance. After the wedding we crashed at the hotel and woke up early to head home! It was a fun weekend!;)





















































































































































































Matt dancing with his mom:














3 comments:

Nicole said...

i love your coach flats! very cute! :)

Leslie Collins said...

LOVE the shoes!!!!!! They are so you.

I forgot you were in Chicago.

We are gearing up for REyna's big weekend. :) We have been talking about it. Talk to you this week about where and what time. Can't wait to see you.

Love the pic of you and Trav. Very adorable.

Emilie said...

Very cute flats!

Looks like a fun time in Chicago.

Are you ready for Reyna this weekend? Make sure you take and post lots of pictures! Im sure you will have a blast!