http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

L-O-N-G Weekend

Is been a rough weekend into the week around here. My mom called me Sunday morning and told Travis and I that she woke up and found our dog in my brother's room covered in blood with two large puddles of blood around her. Both of my parents had no idea what happened, but they rushed her to the emergency vet and Travis and I headed there to meet them. After about an hour or so, the vet came in and said it looks like she broke off a tooth and cut her tongue. We were all a little confused...How could a broken tooth and a cut in the tongue cause that much blood? And how did she break her tooth and cut her tongue? Anyway, after they got the bleeding to stop and the vet was able to look at it better she told us that she thought that Maddie had a seizure and bit through her tongue during it breaking her tooth.

We were relieved it was nothing life threatening and my parents headed home with the dog and we headed back home. About an hour later I talked to my mom and she said that Maddie went to drink and started bleeding again. This time she called the regular vet (that Maddie has seen since she was a puppy) at home and they talked with the emergency vet, and to make a long story of confusing phone calls back and forth short....they wanted Maddie to come in to the regular vet first thing Monday morning. They said they were going to put her under and look at her mouth fix her tongue and take out the broken tooth. Well, what they found was pretty upsetting. They found several broken teeth and removed them. They also found another HUGE hole in the bottom of her tongue that they said a finger could fit through. They were unable to remove the nerve of the big broken tooth and broke her jaw trying to get it out (which I guess happens a lot). So she came home Monday night and was pretty much out of it from being put under.

I went there yesterday to visit her and she is doing okay. She has to go see a doggie dentist next Monday to get the nerve removed. She had so may teeth removed that she will probably have to be on a soft diet the rest for her life. We are doing everything we can to make sure she is happy and isn't in pain. But, we are all left wondering what the hell happened to cause all of this trauma in her mouth? Everytime she has a seizure she urinates and when my parents go home they didn't find any urine in the house??? Its a mystery....

Well, I am running late to Jordan's so I need to get off so I can leave. We are spending the weekend in Grand Rapids and Grand Haven with our friends to celebrate the 4th. I am going to take my camera, so I will have lots of pictures to post next week. Happy 4th of July!:)

1 comment:

Steph said...

Awww!! I hope she feels better soon!