http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vacation Part One: Spokane

Okay, I AM crazy and I took over 500 pics during our two week vacation out west. I was originally going to post by day, but I think I have too many pics to do that, so I will post by events (in several posts) so please keep scrollin'...

I will start with Thursday and Friday. We arrived in Spokane, picked up our rental car and drove to Loon Lake where Travis' parents have a cabin on the lake. Travis was so happy to be there that he jumped right into the lake. We swam, took the boat out, and went to get ice cream (I know I've talked about this place before) at the pizza/ice cream/gas station/video rental/laundromat all in one store. Yes, its all combined because its pretty much the only store there to get anything. This lake is in a remote area of Washington, which can be nice to get away from the city.















Travis jumping right in...







































































































Pictures of the cabin:




















































































































































































































































Friday morning we decided to drive to downtown Spokane (in our awesome rental car:) and visit a few places while we waited for Travis' parents (who were driving to Washington) to arrive so we could start our 6 hour drive to Portland to visit Travis' Aunt Gail and Uncle Les. We drove by Travis' childhood house and his grandma's old house. Then we went to River Front Park downtown to have lunch and take some pictures in the park.....




































































































































Once they arrived we hit the road for the LONG car trip to Portland. Along the way, we stopped at Multnomah Falls which was along the mountains on the way to Portland. Travis' dad took some amazing pictures of the falls...












































































































1 comment:

Lulu said...

That cabin is beautiful! I should've read your blog sooner, we were in Portland last Saturday, it would've been fun to meet up :)