I saw this on Nicole's Blog and thought I would give it a try:
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Became an "official" full-time teacher after working part time for three years!:)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Last year I think my resolution was to spend less and save more...yeah...about that....
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Leslie gave birth to Miss Ruby.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.
5. What states/countries did you visit?
Oregon, Washington and Illinois.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
more patience at work on days where I am struggling with my "challenging" students.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
"Specific" dates don't stick out in my mind...but events do: Our trip to Chicago, John and Angie's wedding, Our Fourth of July trip, Our trip out west, Ruby's Birth, Melissa's engagement, Fall Fun Day, the Halloween party, My dad coming home from Germany, Celebrating our 1 year anniversary, Spending the holidays and birthdays together with both families.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Hmmm...surviving a half year of teaching full time:)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Worrying about things that I can't control. I guess its the Virgo in me...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No...my lower back is on the mend...
11. What was the best thing you bought? My Laptop...thanks to Trav!:)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Travis, he is the best husband and takes excellent care of me. I don't know what I would do without him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one close to me, so I am going to say Jon Gosselin and Tiger Woods.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, Bills, Bills, and saving for our house.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Teaching full time, and the Holidays/Birthdays...I love decorating, giving gifts and planning parties.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Hmm....that is a hard one. I guess I can't think of a specific song. They change monthly on my playlist!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier
b) thinner or fatter?
fatter
c) richer or poorer?
maybe a little richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Relaxing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing out about work.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve was spent at my parents with my grandparents, the Rolfe's, and our bro's. Christmas day was spent at the Rolfe's, at my parents, at Kathy's house and at the movie theatre seeing Sherlock Holmes.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, more and more each day with Travis.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I have several favorites: Real Housewives (all casts), Teen Mom, The Office, Modern Family, Hoarders, The Soup.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.
24. What was the best book you read?
Ha! I watch trash TV and I read trashy books. I read and loved both of Tori Spellings books: sTori Telling and Mommywood. I also LOVED Chelsea Handlers book: Are You There, Vodka? Its Me Chelsea. All three were laugh out loud funny.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't know how to answer this other than to say...I was happy to find Playlist so I could add some jams to my blog.
26. What did you want and get?
My Laptop.
27. What did you want and not get?
A house....soon....very...soon....we will find the PERFECT house!
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Hangover.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned... 27. We went to dinner with family at Bonefish and friends at Bonefish (a few days apart:)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more
satisfying?
Finding a house that we both 100% loved. Its really hard with so much out there. We keep thinking, "What if we wait a month and see if a better house comes on the market." The clock is ticking for the tax credit...
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I shop at a lot of stores, but usually only find clothes I like enough to buy at Kohl's, Target, Parisian, Forever 21 (not the slutty stuff) and sometimes Von Maur.
32. What kept you sane?
Travis, my mom, Snickers (the cat and the candy bar:)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hmmmm...I totally agree with Nicole here...Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
None since Obama took office.
35. Who did you miss?
Hahaha... Can this be a TV show? Jon and Kate plus 8..(pre-divorce and Jon acting crazy)
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My Chiropractor:)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I need to worry less and LIVE more.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Its Your Life" By Francesca Battistelli (Its on my playlist on my sidebar).
This is the moment
It’s on the line
Which way you gonna fall?
In the middle between
Wrong and right
But you know after all
It’s your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It’s an open door
It’s your life
Are you who you always said you would be?
With a sinking feeling in your chest
Always waiting for someone else to fix you
Tell me when did you forget
To live the way that you believe
This is your opportunity
To let your life be one that lights the way
39. How did you ring in the New Year? Partying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Novi.
40. Do you have a goal for 2010?
A House and Babies!:)
1 comment:
Enjoyed your answers. Lets get together soon! :)
Post a Comment