Classroom Makeover...a.k.a. What I've been busy doing all week!
Monday we had an 8 hour professional development day... they are usually long...and I feel like I am back in college. But, this one was very interesting. We've adopted Creative Curriculum as our method of assessment this year and so far it has worked well. But, Monday we learned how to set up our classrooms a.k.a "learning environments" the Creative Curriculum way. They suggest putting your classroom into specific "sections" eliminating wide open spaces. They also say that each "section" should be an area of interest (library/quiet area, building area, art area. sand/water area, math/science discovery area etc.) and only allowing four students in each area of interest at a time. So, I laminated pictures of each child to use as their "ID Badges" to check into each area by placing their picture on a board stationed at each interest area. Blah, Blah, Blah...its worked REALLY well so far. I have some before and after pictures to show what I am talking about.
My Classroom Before: no DEFINED interest areas and lots of wide open space:
My Classroom After: Well defined interest areas, everything is labeled and all wide open spaces have been eliminated. Its now a LEGIT Creative Curriculum Classroom!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment