http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's been a......

LONG week so far and its not even Friday yet. I had Dad's Night at work Monday and Tuesday night and didn't go home in between, so I was basically at work for 12 hours each day. But, they both went well. The kids brought their dad's to school, they decorated wooden cars and raced them, played together and had Oreo's and milk for snack!:)

But, March is ALWAYS CRAZY BUSY at work. We have Dad's Night, two field trips, testing, 4 straight days of parent-teacher conferences and on top of all that we are prepping for NEXT YEAR...needless to say I am looking forward to Easter break!;)

I am a little behind posting about the weekend so I have a little recap:

Friday we had a slightly belated (due to sickness) birthday dinner for Ryan at Bonefish. I really love that place. After my week so far I am definitely in the mood for another pomegranate martini. We had a great dinner with Ryan and Melissa...





























































Saturday I went shopping with my mom and went a little crazy buying stuff for the house, especially at Pottery Barn....I have a pic of everything I bought on the house blog. That night we went to the Wine Bar with Angie, John, Jim and Gail. We were originally going to go there in February to celebrate the boy's birthdays, but had to postpone because Angie's nephew was born that day. We had a great time and I think they liked the bar as much as we do! *In the second photo John is showing off his new phone;)*






















































I will leave you with a "conversation" I overheard/saw from two of my students a girl "G" and a boy "A." They were sitting together during rest time quietly looking at a science book about the human body:

A: "What's that?"
G: "That is your heart. Do you know who lives in there?"
A: "Who?"
G: "God."
A: (Looks down at the book) and says, "I don't see him."
G: (Takes A's hand and places it over his heart) and says, "That is because you can't see him you feel him in there."
A:"Oh, well when do you get to see him?"
G: "That is the best part, when you die and go to heaven, you get to see him with your own eyes!"


melted. my. heart. :)


-->

2 comments:

lina said...

that is the cutest conversation :)

Lulu said...

That is the most adorable conversation ever. How fun to be a teacher and hear those little moments, precious.