So what have I been up to? Well, some good stuff and some not so good stuff. My aunt Kay (my dad's sister) passed away Saturday night and her funeral was today. She found out that she had cancer a few months back and they thought that it was too aggressive for treatment. So, her son Rich took a leave of absence from work and has been with her every day since she was diagnosed. Last Tuesday she was in some pain, so Rich took her to the hospital and from that day on she just got worse. We spent most of the day at the hospital on Saturday, and by then she was not responsive and they were just trying to keep her comfortable. She was having a hard time breathing when we were there and it was hard to watch....heartbreaking in fact....especially to see her son losing his mom. She passed away Saturday night and she was ONLY 63! She will be missed.....and even though we didn't get to see her that often...we all loved her very much!
Travis and I have been trying to get our apartment "ready" to move out. We move out at the end of April and there are a few things that we need to get done around here. We painted our entry wall half way down about a year ago and we had to patch it and prime it before we move out. So we were able to tackle that on Sunday. Glad to have that done!
Before:
After: looks so stylish doesn't it ?
My parent-teacher conferences were all last week and I am also glad to have those over with. They went well, but it was a long week. I stayed late a few days to get some Spring cleaning done in my classroom and get some things copied/organized/ put away for next year. My school is so funny. All of the teachers like to have EVERYTHING for next year prepped, copied, bound etc. before they leave for the Summer. I am on board with that of course. But, its a lot of work all at once. I did ALL of my lesson plans (that is 33 weeks) for next year, copied it, and bound it for my director this week. I was SO GLAD to get those done. (Seems like I keep typing that over and over:)
I am officially on Spring Break and the weather could not be better. I hope that it lasts all week. I have a BIG list of things to get done this week. In case anyone is interested, this is what my break looks like:
Thursday: Chiropractor and IKEA for bags and paper to start packing.
Friday: HAIR DONE FINALLY...Travis is off....Appliance shopping.
Saturday: Shopping at Birch Run? Waiting to see if Melissa has to work.
Sunday: Easter: Brunch with the fam.
Monday: Dentist (grrr) Clean, organize and pack up our closet.
Tuesday: Hang out with Leslie and the girls!:)
Wednesday: Clean, organize and pack up the kitchen.
Thursday: Clean, organize and pack up all of our decor and electronics.
Friday: Take the day off and RELAX!:)
Happy Easter Everyone!:)
*Lady Antebellum FINALLY released their music to Playlist!!!! I added them to my list!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment