http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday {Mad}ness

Oh, yes I was ONE OF THOSE people. Who not only went shopping on Black Friday, but who got together with her friends Melissa, Maria and Andrea at 11:30PM Thanksgiving night and officially started shopping before it was officially "Black Friday!":)

Its been years since I've pulled an all-nighter. But, we had a blast. Honestly the deals are good, but the rush of shopping in the middle of the night with great friends is better. Here is the time-line of our night through pictures.

11:30 PM: Meet at Maria's and start the night with a Red Bull:
















12-2:30 AM: Walmart: It was a zoo!!! All of the carts were gone so we had to drag around a trash can and fill it with stuff until one opened up. Believe me we weren't the only ones. People had things in bins and on sleds that they drug around the store filled with stuff they were buying. But, we didn't have to wait in line long and we found a lot of good deals...including DVD's for $1.96!



















2:30-3AM: We drove around trying to find ONE place that was open for breakfast. Denny's had a line around the building so we ended up at:

3AM-4AM: McDonald's. Breakfast, a quick rest and one 5 Hour Energy later we were ready to hit the road:



































4AM-7AM: Target. Other than almost falling asleep on top of the cart our Target trip was a success. It was nuts of course, but the deals were also really good. This is also were we got over that "tired hump" you know where you get delirious and are so tired you want to pass out, but then you get a burst of energy and the sun comes up, your body thinks its daytime and you figure, "What the hell? I'll just stay up, its light out now, I'll sleep when I'm dead and junk like that!":) We also found really good deals at Target and didn't have to wait long in line either.


















So, that was our night! We headed back to Maria's around 7AM. I left to meet up with my mom to go to Laurel Park and Kohl's and the girls headed to the outlets in Howell. I have to say that I am proud of all of us for making it through the night! I honestly didn't think I could make it. Are we crazy for staying up all night? Yes. Was it worth it? OF COURSE!;) I feel like an official "die-hard" shopper now!;)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I had such a blast shopping ALL NIGHT!!! I can't believe we did it either :)