http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Friday, December 10, 2010

SUPER-productive-ness

I am really feeling like I've accomplished a lot today. Even though I am off, I forgot to turn off my alarm...bummer...so I was up at 6:30 this morning. I figured since I was up I would get started on my long list of "to-do's" I need to get done before Christmas. We are having Christmas at our house this year. I am really excited to have 12-16 people over (waiting to hear about 4) but also a little stressed because I want to do it right! Its our first time hosting a holiday, in our house, doing it all on our own :gulp: I am feeling like an adult or something!;)

Anyway, back to my day so far. I deep and I mean DEEP cleaned my kitchen. I went through all of the cabinets and drawers, wiped them down, cleaned them out and pitched 2 bags of CRAP. We've only been married two years and I already want a few new kitchen items (glasses, knives, serving spoons etc). I washed all of the Christmas dishes and glasses I bought a few weeks back and actually cleared a cabinet to keep holiday stuff in. Then I cleaned out the fridge, oven and microwave and scrubbed the sink. My last thing to do is use my new Shark steam mop on the floor. I am a little nervous to use it but I've heard good things about it.

Next up was organizing and cleaning all our bathroom stuff that we STUFF under both sinks. Again, another bag of crap, why do we just throw things under there and then NEVER use them? Ugh.

Then after lunch I took a pile of pictures and started scrapping a few more pages for my 2010 scrapbook. It was nice to just sit down and relax and scrap. I also had a few Christmas tags and cards to make for gifts.

Now, I am relaxing and making a list of all the things we need to buy for Christmas Eve....its 4:30 and I am feeling pretty good....

2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

i have my scrap stuff out to make tags later after the girls go to bed. :)

can't wait to see you!

Melissa said...

Wow, I am impressed!!