http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Saturday, July 23, 2011

DIY: Wedding Towel Cakes

Melissa, Maria, Erica and I decided since two of our friends (Jessy & Rosie) were having their showers within a month of each other it would be a good idea to make wedding towel cakes as part of their gift. So we planned a day to clear out the towel section of Bed, Bath and Beyond and got busy rolling and constructing both cakes. I wanted to share pictures to show how they turned out. We were really happy with the result!:)

It's pretty easy to do...first select your number of towels. Typically I do four bath towels as the base, one towel and 4 hand towels as the center and 1 hand towel and 3-4 washcloths as the top layer. Then add ribbon to keep everything in place and add fake flower stems!:)

Rosie's towel cake:
























Jessy's Towel Cake:

2 comments:

lina said...

love love love it!! Your posts of creativity definitely inspire :)

Leslie Collins said...

I love your crafty-ness. :)