It's been awhile for TTT, but I am back. I hate the end of the Summer. I feel so stressed about having everything ready at work. I feel like no matter how many days a week I go into my classroom there is still work that needs to be done...I guess teaching is a job where you can never really be 100% "ready to go" or "done." Sigh.
The other thing that I hate about Summer is the mad rush that comes over me EVERY year. It's almost like I am in this frenzy to accomplish all of the things that "I wanted" to get done over the Summer and just kept putting off. If you saw me, surrounded by "To-Do Lists" and piles of unfinished projects, school stuff, house stuff etc. you would think I've lost my GD mind!:)
Here is my list of things I WILL accomplish before going back to school:
1. I WILL scrap all of my pictures for 2011. Hello April 2011 and on, I am talking to you!:) I need to put in a major Snapfish order and get my ace in gear.
2. We WILL get our garage door opener installed. It's only been in the box in our garage since April. Yeah, that's how we roll around here!:)
3. We WILL makeover our mudroom. When we moved in it was the only room (besides the closet I guess) that the guy that remodeled our house did not touch. It was a bright yellow color and we painted it a sage green...and that was the end of that...so its just a painted room with a rug. I have big plans. I want to add some sort of piece of furniture for storage, a rug, some wall decor etc. I am challenging myself to do the most that I can spending the least amount of $$. I hope to have some before and after pics to share soon.
4. We WILL get both of our cars into be fixed after we both got damage all over after that crazy hail storm. We made the claims in July and got the okay from AAA to get them fixed...just haven't had a
5. We WILL get our lawn in ship shape for the Fall. Grub stuff down, windows cleaned, weeds pulled EVERYWHERE...we have been slacking a little. Just cutting it with no bells and whistles. It needs a good once over before we get CRAZY ACE busy!
6. We WILL clean out our garage. We need to fit both cars in there after the opener is installed...and we have a few shelves and some cabinets that were left behind for storage and they need to GO.
7. We WILL get our vacuum fixed. We have a Dyson and love love love it. But, this tiny plastic piece broke off and now the front comes off a little when we try to vacuum. We called Dyson and they want us to take it in to a vac place in Novi to have it fixed. It will be free (Yay for Dyson's warranty) its just a matter of physically taking it there. And more importantly for me to be without it...sniff sniff...I'll miss my buddy.
8. I WILL go through our clothes for the Fall and try to get things organized. I need to focus on work clothes now and figuring out what I need. Plus, Travis' closet could use a once over. He needs a few things for Fall as well. Ugh.
9. I WILL go through all of my coupons (I bought a snazzy binder with a strap, yes I am a dork) and I need to weed out the old expired coupons and cut the new ones I have been stockpiling for a few weeks. I want to figure out some healthy lunch options for Travis and I this Fall and I would like to use as many coupons as I can to stock us up.
10. WE WILL clean this house from top to bottom...I need a clean house before I go back....ceiling to floor...just to keep my mind clear for the start of school!
Wish me luck! We have a busy week or so. I am hoping to post everything that we are able to accomplish soon. For now, I need to get off. Teen Mom is on... it's all about priorities people...:)
2 comments:
Good luck with everyting...Im sure you will get it done :)!!
...forgot the 'h' on thing, lol
Post a Comment