http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Friday, November 14, 2008

Thursday

I woke up at 4am with a raging sore throat. I attempted to go into work. But, once I got there I kept thinking to myself, "What the heck am I doing here?" I always have had the classic teacher motto, "Its easier to be here then be gone." But, with the bachelorette party this weekend and the WEDDING next week I threw my hands in the air and for the first time put my health before my job. They called a sub for my class (and the 2's in the afternoon) and I headed home.

Travis works from home on Thursday, so he went with me to the doctor. I don't have strep, but I do have an ear infection and my throat and cough are viral. But, with everything coming up the doc put me on two antibiotics just to be safe. After calling work to take Friday off, I spent the ENTIRE day on the couch. Travis took really good care of me. He went and got me lemonade, jell-o, krispy kremes, picked up my prescriptions and then went and got me soup and bread from Antonio's for dinner. He also went to get us new phones (which we had planned on taking care of together before I got sick) and a humidifier so that I could sleep a little better last night.
He's definitely a KEEPER!:)

Here is the phone we both got, in the same color:

3 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I hope you start feeling better. Cant be down on a big weekend like this and an even bigger weekend coming up! Sounds like you have someone really great taking care of you though! Thats really sweet of him! :)

Emilie said...

I really hope that you start feeling better! Ive been sick this week too and I have been trying to rest up and drink LOTS of liquids!

jane said...

The same thing happened to me a week before my wedding! I think it is all the stress. Take care of yourself and have fun at your party tonight.

I just got that same phone a month ago. I love it.