http://ktrolfe.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-tour.html

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dad's Birthday and Day After Shopping

My Dad came home from Germany yesterday on his birthday. He was glad to be home and we were definitely glad he was finally home!:) We went to dinner at J. Alexander's for his birthday. He really wanted to go somewhere with good prime rib. He said that the Germans only eat Pork and he really missed red meat!:)


















Shopping the day after was crazy, but I am glad to say that I am officially done Christmas shopping! After spending all night at the outlets I came home at 5am and slept for a few hours, and then woke up and went shopping with my mom all day Friday. The first stop we made was at Laurel Park. We had a lot of coupons to use at Parisian and they had good door busters (which we used on things for us:). After spending a few hours shopping there we decided to head out into the mall when we were approached by a Livonia Observer reporter who wanted to interview us about shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Here is the article. It was funny because the photographer kept snapping photos of us while we were being interviewed and I kept thinking. "Okay, I've slept for 4 hours, I have NO make-up and and I'M EXHAUSTED, please do not put these in the paper!" Thank God the pics aren't online!:)

After we left the mall we went to Target and Kohl's. I found some DVDs for Travis' stocking at Target and the last of the gifts I needed to get from my list at Kohl's. It was a pretty productive day. Today I am trying to relax after the long weekend. I am wrapping gifts, putting together a framed collage for the Rolfe's 30th Anniversary next week and typing up some school plans for this week. One more post for NaBloPoMo...Woo Hoo, I am ready for a bloggin' break!

No comments: