Well, to make a long story short the Germans like to leave work at 3:30pm everyday and are not that motivated to get anything done. I think my dad's exact words were, "These damn Germans don't know what work is." So because they don't have the same work ethic as the American auto workers, my dad and his group is stuck there for another week. That means they aren't going to be home or Thanksgiving!:(
So we are bummed that he will be gone...we really miss him. Even though he is stuck over there for work, he has been doing a few fun things. One weekend they went to Paris and another weekend they went to Belgium. He said that the Germans have been really nice (even though they don't like to work) but he said that the French were jerks!!! Last weekend they were back in Germany and went to visit this castle:


Pretty cool huh? I told him to take as many pictures as he can and I will hopefully be able to post some of them when he gets back!:)
In other news...we are just trying to get things ready for Thanksgiving around here. The Rolfe's are having Thanksgiving and invited my mom, brother, grandma and grandpa. Travis' brother is also coming home from school with a few roommates who had nowhere to go for Thanksgiving. Nick and Ali aren't able to come home for Thanksgiving this year..(we are going to miss them too) but it should be a fun day.
Thanksgiving night Melissa and I are going to the Tanger Outlets in Howell from midnight to whenever we drop from shopping! I've never done anything like this before, so I am excited for the deals...but NOT for the cold. Then I plan to come home and crash for a few hours before going shopping with my mom on Friday...I should be fun....but EXHAUSTING!
I hope everyone has a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving!:)
1 comment:
I just wanted to say, I miss everyone, I'll be home soon, and "Happy Thanksgiving" from Germany!!!
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment